Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Look What I FOUND

Since I staying home with Wyatt this year, my inner English teacher is itching for a play date with language and how great that it can be on my own agenda instead of in the form of lesson plans! I am currently in the thick of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and was able to read quite a bit on our trip to Louisiana this past week. While riding back, I got to thinking about private investigations and  journals and what will happen with these private thoughts when I die. Morbid? Yes.

Do I want to have them destroyed? Do I destroy them now so as to assure my privacy? Do I leave specific instructions in my will as to who is allowed to view them? Or do I give the proverbial keys to these chosen few to find brilliance in my words to bring me posthumous glory? ;)

I've decided instead to share a few of these "gems" with you in the form of a found poem. According to poets.org:

Found poems take existing texts and refashion them, reorder them, and present them as poems. The literary equivalent of a collage, found poetry is often made from newspaper articles, street signs, graffiti, speeches, letters, or even other poems.

Did someone say collage? Yes, please. I grabbed a couple books from college, one complete with lined pages and a stars and moon cover, another given to me by my dearest friend Shelly with the words "Celebrate each new day" on the cover, and my current leather bound, unlined keeper of many of my most precious thoughts. Upon opening, each also spills a select collection of meaningful letters and cards from dear ones  and scraps and napkins on which I've scratched my thoughts while lacking the real deal. Some words are pure journaling, others parts of poems. Hope you enjoy this poetic decoupage:

In shades of pales blues and greens, 
peaceful and subtle--comforting to the hesitant,
I really miss my father.
My internal noise is being noisy again.
Scared about my wrist, 
I'm not playing games anymore.

On trial, questioned, tired.
Fix everything.
Moved into every house I've lived in and rearranged the tupperware.

Put trust in Your love. It's real; it's peace,
and I'm needy.

Today must be filled with light,
and I run to intake a share that is more than my own.
Woman of BOLD color, I'm "goaling."
LIVE.
 
Two--
walking and wandering into life side by side but miles apart.
Time was our friend. 
 Fear his leaving, for it's time that keeps my heart from yours. 
Nothing can touch the love we share.

In this book,
I still write sappy love poems.
Pick up the pen more often.
I'd rather write than be a writer. 

Into my life,
I wasn't afraid to come home.
Our cookies--yum.
The neighbors?--yummier.
A great view after 5 years.
Walk with me as the one soul we are destined to be.
Love him so much, fell again.

Unlocked achievements? 
Trust. 
Live this journey.
Yes I will.
--Ok, so in between taking care of this little sweetheart, that's all I've got. (You know I had to get my kiddo pictures in here somewhere!)










 


No comments: