Friday, January 21, 2011

American Idol Celebrity Style

I'm not sure if I'll be watching this season or not. I am definitely not a fan of the first few episodes showing the horribly bad singers who either a) didn't have parents who told them the truth about their singing voice (hey, everyone is special, right?) or b) are simply there to make a fool of themselves a la William Hung (I think that was his name) or "Pants on the Ground" fella.

Once the 20 or so contestants are chosen, I might see what they (and the new judges) have to offer.

But on a different note (no pun intended!), ESPNW recently featured athletes in all their singing glory which got me thinking about other pop culture peeps and what their vocal cords have to offer.

Check out Jude Law's "Johnny B Good." Sorry you have to wait so long to get to the singing.

Or this group giving their best to a karaoke classic. 

This is an oldie but goodie with my favorite Momma-to-be : JEWEL!

Ok, not really celebrity singing, but made me laugh.



PopSugar's top 5 Celeb singing moments.


And hold the phone--here's what I could find and all in one place!

If you find any other exclusives, let us know.

After I caught a bit of A.I's New Orleans audition, my vote for the season (yep, calling it now) is going to the last girl at the end. I missed her name. That's what spending 24/7 with a 6 month old will do to you, but I'm rooting for her! I do miss Simon telling some of these contestants that yes, they may be able to sing, but they are going to have to do something about their image. He would know that the 15 year old from Lafayette or the crazy, curly red-head won't be huge money makers and therefore need to make some changes.

No comments: