Winner Winner, Seafood Dinner!
Ok, that was cheesy, and so were the enchiladas!
Thank you, thank you. I'll be back again tomorrow.
I promise to stop. For real. Just promise you'll make these.
Shrimp Enchiladas (adapted from Happiness Is...)
--1 small chopped white onion
--1 package cream cheese (I actually used the Weight Watchers package because I had a coupon. He never knew!)
--1 1/2 pound shrimp
--shredded cheddar cheese
--flour tortillas (the recipe called for corn, but HEB has fantastic fresh flour torts which proved worth it.)
--enchilada sauce (2-3 cans)
--olive oil--chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
To make the magic happen
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have a glass baking dish ready. Spread one can/jar of enchilada sauce over bottom of baking dish.
2. Peel shrimp, season with chili powder and cumin (about a teaspoon of each) and grill (about five minutes) in a hot pan with EVOO. Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board to chop into small pieces.
3. In a large saucepan, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in chili powder, garlic powder and cumin (about a teaspoon of each). Add cream cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted. Add cooked shrimp and stir for just a few minutes. (I forgot to put in the cream cheese and added it after I put the shrimp back in. It melted just fine and was totally worth it.)
4. Heat tortillas in microwave until warm and pliable if needed.
5. Fill each tortilla with shrimp mixture and roll up with filling inside. Place seam down into the baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
|Forgot to take pictures earlier so take a look at these gems getting saucy in the oven.|