Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Recipe A Day -- We're Back

I took a few days off to link up here and there, but here's another go-to meal that I often forget about but love it each time I break it back out.  Maybe that's why we like it so much; I haven't worn it out yet!





Italian Baked Pork Chops (via Men's Health


INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard (or Tobasco's spicy mustard for some kick!)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil,
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning,
4 pork center loin chops (6 ounces each) (I only use 2.)
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with kitchen parchment. Set aside.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, and Italian seasoning. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then brush both sides of the chops with mustard mixture. Press parmesan into both sides of chops.
3. Place chops on prepared baking sheet. The original recipes suggests to bake about 10 minutes or until just cooked through. I've never had it done in that short amount of time. I'd say it's more like 15 minutes or so. 
ENJOY! 

2 comments:

Meg O. said...

Anytime mustard is involved with pork is a winner in my book!

Natalie said...

Looks yummy! I am always looking for good pork chop recipes!