Friday, February 10, 2012

It's the Little Things

I'm a little late but I want to link up with Jaime today because 1. I told her I would! and 2. I love this idea!

So without further explanation:

It's the little things: I love going to the park with this boy and watching him take on challenges and just enjoy the world around him. It sounds really cheesy, I know, but it does really make me stop and take in our surroundings and appreciate them. (Ok, it's not all rainbows--there are days I'm constantly checking the time on my phone thinking, "Can we go in yet? I've got dinner to cook and a cute IG picture of my kiddo to filter/upload!"





It's the little things: Watching this little guy take in his first piece of authentic LA kingcake! He's usually not into sweets, so it was too funny to watch him gobble it up.



It's the little things: Mom winning, like rubbing dollar store window clings on the carpet to gather some static so they will actually cling to the window.
Oh, and The Sheriff's love for Pooh and Tigger is too sweet.



It's the little things: (It's not all about the little fella now is it.)  This week was one out of the norm, and it was fun . See below:



That's clearly not normal right? I went out to a charity girls only pampering party and guess what? You get to wear pajamas! It's the best night. No high heels. No short skirts. Yea, those are fun, but come on, pajamas! We went in silk pajamas and did the bun with chopsticks look, and although we didn't win, we were surely the best looking group there with the best dance moves. I "indulged" in a pedicure and a glass of wine or three. And lets not talk about the jello shots. Seriously, Momma doesn't do this anymore!

So it was a late night, and semi-rough morning, but what's one to do to entertain a toddler on a rainy day when it's too early to hit chick-fil-a (which you are totally craving!)?

Last night's glow-stick necklace + cut-up colorful straws = happy, non-whiny, (and learning) toddler:




It's the little things: (Who am I kidding; it is about the little guy.) I love how proud he gets of himself!
And thanks for my shirt Nana! 
We made our way to chick-fil-a and cured my rough night with french fries and a ginormous Diet Dr. P. and had a blast in the playscape. The Sheriff ventured further into the tunnels and slides and was so brave (and strong) in dealing with the kids who were too big to be in there and so completely obnoxious. Dear God, may this sweet boy never become that! I was sweating it the whole time, but W emerged unscathed. My stress-levels--not so much! This boy mom thing can get tough!


It's the little things: There are measures I can take in my future to cover the gray hairs gained in above


I can't wait to continue this link-up! Writing about these tiny moments reminds me of how truly blessed I am!

3 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

aw i love this idea! so sweet! and that smile is just priceless!

Natalie said...

Now that's my kind of pampering! And W is always happy to show his mommy what he's up to!

Happiness Is... said...

I am SO jealous you got CFA. We actually tried to go get dinner (we are WIPED from the week and T's party) there, and figures -- Mardi Gras parade in Metairie. Ahhhhhh! I guess it was God telling us to be healthy. Too bad we just ordered mozzarella sticks and pizza!