Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When All Else Fails...

Build a tent!

When it's Friday, or Tuesday, or any day for that matter, and you find yourself looking to spice up the day, grab some sheets, any extra chairs you can find, binder clips (ok, maybe only teachers have these lying around), and whatever space you can find.



This week's tent is brought to you by --- Binder Clips.  Look at that hold!


Throw in a few pillows. Silliness ensues.


But perhaps so does reflecting. 


And mostly, just being a kid.



We grew up playing in indoor tents. Safe to say that being the only girl with two brothers, mine weren't the most architecturally sound or aesthetically pleasing for that matter, but they are a memory I hold near and dear to my heart. It's this memory (and that face in the last picture) that lets me know there's so much more to come!

7 comments:

Meg O. said...

Aww! How fun!!! I love any excuse to build a tent or make a fort!

Am I Really Grown Up? said...

Binder clips are great for just about everything. We use them when building tents, to attach towels together to make dress up clothes and to close our bags of chips. They are so multipurpose. It looks like you two had a lot of fun.

Danielle said...

I love it! And genius to use binder clips-I'll have to pull out my box of teaching supplies when N is at the fort building stage!

Natalie said...

Awww W looks like he is having so much fun! Great idea!

Mrs. Mama said...

THIS IS AWESOME. YOU are so AWESOME. Your kid is lucky to have such a cool mama :)

Happiness Is... said...

Tents are way fun! My friend Lydia and I used to try to spend the night in ours, too - ha!

Nicole said...

I love it! I used to play shark and boat with my brother. One of my best memories of playing with my brother.