I'm telling ya; Kroger keeps sending coupon packets with recipes included, and they've been hits around here. Keep them coming!
Today I've got to pass along this quick, easy weeknight family pleaser. The recipe says that it serves 4-6, but with just our little family of three, we had plenty of leftovers which was just fine by me. I definitely thought it looked like more than 6 servings.
Without further adieu (or pictures, sorry) I give you...
Oven-Roasted Pasta Primavera:
1 zucchini, sliced
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt (I'm pretty sure I used more than that, but you know the drill with the salt around here...)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. (12 oz.) Johnsonville Chicken Sausage Three Cheese Italian Style, sliced
12 oz. uncooked pasta (any type)
Parmesan cheese, grated
Looks healthy and easy right? The hardest part is chopping up the veggies and here's to hoping nap time is long enough! I'm certain you can sub. any sausage but this one is healthier than most and quite tasty in this dish.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a shallow baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chopped vegetables, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
3. Place vegetables in greased pan and bake for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender and lightly browned. Mine took about 37 minutes or so. Stir veggies occasionally.
4. Sprinkle sausage over veggies after roasted and bake another 5-10 minutes until sausage is heated through.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, and after draining, place in a large bowl.
6. Add sausage and veggies mixture; toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy!