Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Grandparent's Day

Unfortunately, we live 300+ miles away from our grandparents, so when Grandparents' Day rolls around each year, we'll do our best to shower them with snail mail and if we can get everyone on the same page, some Skype calls.

This year The Sheriff and I put on our crafting hats and created unique cards for each "set." Heaven forbid we do the same handprint over again without someone thinking he can do it all by himself! Momma's got to get tricky sometimes.


Our creations (thanks in part to Pinterest):








Now we have the rest of September before gearing up for some serious pumpkin fun in October. Maybe the weather will cool down enough so we'll want to stay outside instead of crafting indoors!

8 comments:

Am I Really Grown Up? said...

So cute! With Mark being out of town for the next 2 weeks I'm planning on lots of fun crafting time:)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh those are all so cute! Great idea and crafting! :)

grace martin said...

those are all so cute!!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

You are so gosh darn cute! I didn't even know there was such a thing as Gradnparents day. Umm whoops!

JLC said...

I didn't even realize that it was Grandparents' Day!! I'm going to make sure to call all of Teddy and Aaron's grandparents. You are so thoughtful and creative!:-)
Julia

the workaholic momma said...

Oh my goodness...SO cute!!! I love it...and I'm sure the grandparents did as well:)

Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!

Nicole said...

Super cute. you're a good daughter! If it weren't for the school meal celebration, I don't think I would ever mention this day.

Anonymous said...

ok. who needs pinterest when we have you?! seh-russ-lee. cute, cute, cute crafts chica!!!! (i just thought of chica from sprout when i said that) and i forgot about grandparents day until it was 2 days 2 late. oops.