Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Twice the Fun

Dear Little One,

I confess; you turn three months this week, but I've been keeping little notes all month long about the way you are changing and growing.  If we are being completely honest, this month was a bit more of a transition for me and for our family of four, but as we approach three months, we are settling in a bit more. 

Right now you have simply the sweetest little personality and are quite the cuddle bug. You crack me up because often after nursing you will either bury your face deep into the crook of my arm or look up at me for a bit of cooing and smiling. 


This month found you discovering your voice and your hands. It's just the beginning of course, but you are quite the "conversationalist" back and forth with me sometimes, and you like batting away at the hanging toys "under the sea" on your play mat. 


I adore your soft, fuzzy hair, and rubbing my hand across your head is a sure way to help you doze off into dreamland.


You have started waking just once at night the last week or so. In fact, I almost want to delete that sentence so as not to jinx our luck! You tolerate diaper changes much more these days, but if you are hungry, you sure let us know that the short stint on the changing table can wait.

I'm interested to see how you've grown, but we don't go to the doctor for another month. You still seem to be long and lean like your brother. 



Regardless, you are so handsome and a joyful addition to our lives. We are all so blessed to have each other.


I'm grateful to have the chance to see who your little soul becomes.


I know that your brother is awaiting the day you can talk trains and fly planes. It will come soon enough.


But for now we will cuddle lots, continue to smile, and of course throw in some tummy time for good measure.


3 comments:

RIB said...

BOYS WILL BE BOYS

Erin said...

He's growing so quickly and is just so stinkin cute!! Happy almost three months!

hi. Im Faith. said...

aww what a handsome little man!! soon enough he will be sleeping through the night and he will make his car sounds or plane sounds or perhaps he will also take on his own little personality and have his own sets of favorites. regardless he will be a sweet special little brother! slow down little man cherish every moment mama! xo