Friday, March 11, 2011

Thanks again to  My Life in the Men's Room for this blog idea. 

TODAY:

Outside my window... Gorgeous! I'm loving this weather. We go outside two or three times a day. I can't wait for The Sheriff to run around in the grass and play ball with his Momma! Thanks Cowboy for teaching me how to throw a football and shoot a basketball correctly. I will, however, leave his training up to you. 

I can't wait to ... to wear my new ankle socks! Some girls feel like a new woman with a new haircut; for me, it's the socks!

I am listening to... The Black Eyed Peas stuck in my head. The Sheriff and I danced to "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" this morning.

I am wearing... an outfit! And I've fixed my hair and put on make-up. Va-Va-Voom! Well, it's an improvement at least. 

I am loving... the bag of Sweet Tart Jelly Beans I bought in a stress frenzy when picking up The Sheriff's meds in Louisiana. Momma needs love too!

I appreciate... my Pitos! Thanks for the advice Shelly and Ali about my sick bebe! I couldn't do this without y'all. It takes a village...

From the kitchen... We had Soba Noodle Soup this week (another meal courtesy of Mrs. Ray). Her meals really are fast, and I am getting rid of some of her magazines I had. I tore out the pages I'd want to try, so that's why we've had her meals so much lately.  We actually liked the soup better as leftovers.

I am proud... The Sheriff for fighting through his sickness!

One of my favorite things... chatting with my big bro when we can!

I am grateful... for this season of Lent to remind us to stop our busy lives and make time for prayer.

I am thinking about... those devastated by Japan's earthquake.

What I dreamed this week ... last night's dream included chatting with a true Cajun man who I could not understand but just kept nodding. No idea what we were talking about!

I am praying...for those treated unjustly by laws keeping it so. 

Shrimp... is crawling and clapping! And did I mention has 5 teeth and is cutting two more! He also loves interactive books. By this I mean with flaps and textures so he can play peek a boo. No words yet, but if he can just figure out how to make a noise when he makes a sort of "B" motion with his lips, he'll be chatting away.

What I realized... I can sweep and mop pretty fast these days.


Planning for the weekend.. Our Lockport Mardi Gras was a bust, so Cowboy announced on the way home, "I am having crawfish next weekend." And that we are! I promise to take pics of The Sheriff's first crawfish boil. 

A picture thought I am sharing...



Biter biscuits and puffs--a parent's best dinnertime friend.




2 comments:

Nicole said...

Super funny about your "I am wearing..." b/c i just wrote an entry about looking presentable. b/c I NEVER, EVER do! Blogging at a new location, will put up the link of old blog and twitter. Been holding off b/c it's not really ready yet, but oh well, another non-presentable part of me!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

Too funny! I tell you what--when we get together (and we will!) it's t-shirts and fav comfy pants!
It's just hard to get it all done, and when you do, inevitably a shirt will end up with spit-up/snot/drool/peas/something on it, making you just look silly going out in the world!