Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tie Tying 101

Well, looky here!


I am now fully prepared to help Wyatt dress up for his first school dance, job interview, or maybe just a First Communion. This Momma now knows to tie a Windsor knot thanks to Tie-a-Tie.net. Reason for learning? Sit tight and hold your skirts; you'll find out soon! I still have some work to do as it came out a little crooked, but I'm well on my way.

And because I don't have enough to do while The Sheriff takes a monster morning nap, I decided to make my own tutorial.

(Side note--Pia is by far the greatest singer this season! You're welcome. --signed Captain Obvious)

Step 1 -- Put the tie like this. Yes, my instructions are very precise. Meet Big Part (BP) on your right and Little Part (LP)  on your left.


Step 2 -- Cross is like this. That's BP over LP.


Step 3 --  Pull BP up under. (Putting it on top of your head is not part of the process. Just needed to show ya what was going on.)

Step 4 -- This pictures sucks! Sorry friends! Pull BP down next to LP.

Aha! A better pic of step 4!

Step 5 -- Swoop BP over to the side.



 Step 6 -- Pull BP up under it all.


Step 7 -- Pull BP down over the top and tuck into the "knot" as seems logical.  :)





BOOM!




Confused yet? Hey, I posted the original instructions at the top. You're set! Don't say I never gave you anything!

But maybe there will be a giveaway in the future! You want it? You want it?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice tie :)

the workaholic momma said...

HA!!! Great post - and great job on getting it done!!

Heather said...

Hey-you're in Texas, what happened to the bolo tie?

Lindsey said...

You are the cutest! I love the tutorial!