Monday, June 13, 2011

#Suburbwinning = Elmo, Homemade Mac n' cheese, and a Father's Day Deal

Yes, my friends, you heard right. I've got a bajillion things I want to get done while The Sheriff naps, so let's get started.

I love dollar stores---so much fun to be had for, well, dollars! The Sheriff seemed to get a kick out of what I grabbed for him on our outing today. Meet Ehhhhh (his name for Elmo). The only bad part was that instead of laughing at it or perhaps batting it back and forth, he wanted to go after Elmo WWE style. Yes, Cowboy, I've got a video for you. So we had to let him float up to the ceiling to be admired from a distance in order to avoid injury.






And that recipe and coupon you were looking for? After the jump!



Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (I have no clue where this comes from...Sorry!)
Ingredients
3 tbsp. butter
1/4 c flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper (eyeball it people! Wow, Cowboy will never believe I put that!)
2 1/2 c milk
2 c Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 lb. Velvetta Cheese
1 c. Mozz cheese
16 oz. elbow macaroni
paprika

Chef's note (Yea, I'm the chef)--step up that cheese serving a bit. Mo cheese = mo betta!)

Directions
Cook pasta according to directions on box.
Preheat oven to 325.
In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and pepper until smooth. Take off heat.
Little by little, stir in milk until smooth. Stir constantly for 10 minutes on heat until thick. Take off heat.
Stir in 1 1/2 c. Cheddar, all the Velveeta, and Mozz until melted.
Put cooked macaroni in greased casserole dish, pour cheese mixture over and mix well. Sprinkle paprika and leftover Cheddar on top.
Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.

It should look a little something like this:

Oh my cheese! 

And now the coupon for your FREE, yes FREE Father's Day card.

I heard about this deal over at My City Mommy (who I LOVE!) but her code expired. Turns out you can go to their facebook page (facebook.com/tinyprints) and get a new code after you "like" them. You will want to like them. I promise! HURRY, offer expires soon, I believe. Go. Now. Thank me later. (And be sure to subscribe to My City Mommy later too!)

Sorry Cowboy to ruin the surprise, but I have to give the people what they want! :) (I'd post the card itself but that would really ruin it!)



(And just because I don't have enough parentheses in this post, which really should be three posts....Ok, I'm leaving now for real.)

No comments: