Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Common Sense

Funny how sometimes as parents we (well at least I) forget the simple things.

Take modeling for example.

No, this SAHM does not mean dressing up in fancy clothing and strutting my stuff around the house (although that could be fun). I mean "doing" in front of The Sheriff so he wants to do the same activity. As a teacher, this should be an unforgettable principle, but alas, "mom brain" strikes again, and I found myself wondering why W did not want to get in his sandbox.

He's such a fearless kid, so I thought this must just be his "thing." Little did I realize that he had never seen anyone get in that box, so why would he want to. So today I stood in it and showed him how it's done. I didn't even have to sit before he was trying to climb in himself.

And then the fun began.



He loved sifting it through his fingers and it falling on his legs.




Here, Momma, you try

No, thank YOU Momma!

Maybe I'm the only one who forgets something that is seems to be common sense, but I'm thankful for this little reminder!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Glad you figured out the sandbox mystery! Mom is always the best model!