Friday, January 20, 2012

What Little Boys Are Made Of

A heaping cup full of heart-warming giggles


thrown in with lots of silly wiggles.


 An occasional bit of  ride 'em Cowboy
 And more than a dash of everything's a toy.

An innocent view of the world out there

And so brave to continue to dare.


Add in a healthy serving of bring it on slide

with a full heart that knows in Momma you can always confide.

You are a sense of wonder and a light in this day

So very happy, in your work and in your play. 

Your daddy's eyes and his carefree smile.
You'll walk in his shoes mile after mile.

Finding ways out of your comfort zone 

And learning it's ok to just be alone.

 You are more than a lifetime worth of waves hello

and oh wow, such wonderment below.

You are pure.
You are light.
You are a true Godsend,
a blessing each day and each night. 






7 comments:

Danielle said...

There is something so special about little boys, which I never quite understood until I had one of my own. I loved this post!

I'm now following you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn!! I love this!! What a sweet poem and I love all the pics! He is adorable!! Little boys truly are so special- they love their mommies! :)

Am I Really Grown Up? said...

Your little guy is so licky to have a mama like you:)

Happiness Is... said...

This is SO sweet. I love it. Did you write it? I am impressed! And, he has the same Saints outfit as Thatcher :)

Meg O. said...

He makes my heart melt. Such a sweet post!

Nicole said...

Great, great post. Pictures are perfect and words so sweet.

Natalie said...

He seems like such a happy go lucky boy...that smile will melt hearts!