Friday, June 1, 2012

Bloggy Play Date

I've got a little question for you:  can you guess what happens when two blogging mommas connect a bit randomly through another blogger's site, discover that not only do they live in practically the same area of town but also they attend the same church, and have boys about the same age? 

A bloggy play date is born, of course! Tiffany and I wasted no time in setting up a way to meet, and then the nerves kicked in. I was fairly certain that she was indeed legit and a mom blogger who wasn't trying to pull one over on me as we were meeting at a public playscape, but it's just like meeting anyone new. We all want to be liked; we all want to make great impressions. We're human.

Well, she didn't run away when we arrived. Her son Maddox on the other hand, did in fact run, but I'm guessing the carpeted runway between the toddler play area and the one designed for older children was all too appealing to avoid. 

I most certainly had a great time getting to know our new blog turned IRL friend even though we often found ourselves in different locations trying to keep an eye on our little people. I managed to grab a couple of camera phone shots when they were together (I guess saying "managed" doesn't really fit. Photos of this quality aren't usually keepers.) 



And that's about all you get of Maddox. He might be the fastest two-year-old I've ever met, and I think The Sheriff agrees. He was filled with delight just keeping an eye out and calling out for his new friend and partner in playground crime. (Hey, Goldfish at the top of this structure apparently constitutes such.)



We didn't manage a cute picture together, but I think (right Tiffany? No pressure. Ha!) that we've got new play date friends and look forward to getting together again. Sometimes I wonder about the "purpose" of this little space of the www, but if writing leads to meeting sweet friends like Tiffany and Maddox, I'll take it. We might just meet her newest little guy one day as well, and from the looks of it, he's one sweet fella'!  

6 comments:

Happiness Is... said...

So fun!! I agree with you - even if you meet one friend, the www has a purpose. But I think the community that comes from it can be truly amazing.

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

girl...I couldn't have said it better myself! there is something pretty fabulous about the www...meeting people like you two! hanging out with you & W was a blast! I was thoroughly impressed at how W took on the 'big kid' playground like a champ & defeated it in no time, all while my son was busy running laps around the place like he was a track star!

I can foresee these two lil dudes & their mommies being friends for a long time! Cheers to many more fast & furious playdates in our future!!!

ps...I love how my child is a blur in these photos & is already breaking the rules with goldfish!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

This looks like so much fun! I keep wishing I will be able to meet up with a bloggy friend in real life, but alas, no luck so far.

Sara McCarty said...

That's so awesome! I love meeting other bloggers in real life! There are some really amazing people out there blogging, so glad you guy had a chance to meet up!

Anonymous said...

awww! what a small world! met tiffany thru her friend katie who is my irl friend and our kiddos go to school together! what a small stinkin' world. and tiffany designed my blog a year ago but i messed it all up lol... anyway those are such fun pics of y'alls boys!!!

Molly said...

So fun to hang out with bloggy friends! Love your blog name, too! I'm a new follower. :)