And you've got answers right?
Yes, I realize that I haven't blogged in almost a week and now that I'm back, I'm seeking your advice and making you work. We'll be back to regularly scheduled programming soon. With family in town, a toddler birthday, and our country's birthday celebration, things have been a bit hectic. You should see the pile of clothes on my bed that need folding. Dreading.
Back to the post. If you are not interested in reading about a toddler's bathroom habits, feel free to wait until tomorrow when perhaps I'll post something cute that he's done or his half-decorated birthday party, but for now, it's bathroom business! I had no intention of beginning potty training any time soon, but today's events make me think maybe he's ready???
W's eczema (which I misspell every time) has flared on his hip right where the two parts of the diaper meets which is irritating it further and not really allowing it to dry out. It's not gross, but like a heat rash and surely uncomfortable. We are doing our best to air it out and go diaper free (we don't have big boy undies yet around here just yet).
He played Nudie Rudy for a while this morning and I told him to let me know when he needed to pee pee because we'd go on the Thomas Potty. I got a seat that fits on top of the toilet which is another question I'll pose at the end.
He let me know once and tinkled a tiny bit in the potty, and I of course made a huge deal. What a big boy! and all that jazz. Then he resumed playing and soon enough told me that he "pee pee on helicopter and Thomas potty." So indeed he had gone a little bit on his toy but we went over to the potty and he tinkled plenty there too.
This happened one more time with "pee pee Daddy copter" (Yep, they have names and sorry J!) but he wanted to finish on his Thomas potty. And finish he did. Kid was a peeing champ!
It was soon time to eat and after that last round which was a bit of a mess, I diapered him up and moved on with the day.
Here's where I need your help. I'm just going to throw these questions out there by number and maybe those of you with experience can help me.
1. What are the best potty training resources to read?
2. He seems to be able to control it once he starts, but the initial pee pee sensation hits after he's already gone some. Does this mean he's ready for training?
3. When potty training, is it best to go straight undies or do the whole pull-up thing?
4. And those damn toilet seats. I bought one to fit on top of the toilet, but I'll bea son-of-a-gun, he's a boy and somehow aiming totally down into the toilet while sitting there isn't always what happens. He hasn't hit me, but hits the little Thomas toilet which requires washing anyway. Are those mini potties better for boys instead of a seat on the big toilet? We have one that my mom brought over, so I'm just wondering if we should give it a shot.
5. Those of you who have been through the trenches, what are the best cleaning products to keep on hand for accidents?
Geez, I didn't think this milestone would come so soon, and maybe it's not here just yet, but I want to be prepared. Thanks for the help! Any advice or tips would be fantastic!