It's Wednesday afternoon and the hubs just emailed that soccer is on (Portugal vs. Spain), so instead of watching SYTYCD and catching up, I'll go for soccer instead and try to jet out a post for tomorrow since I've got one for today after a couple of days' rest from the blogging world. I can always catch up on who Mary Murphy is putting on the hot tamale train, so hearing catchy phrases such as "the equalizer" it will be.
I've got a few posts in my head, well ideas, but they probably won't come together as full posts, so instead, let's make a list of nuggets I've learned since last week:
1. Given a choice while running errands toddler free, I will choose to belt out "Bobby McGee" while driving over Pearl Jam's "Better Man." I'm sorry Mr. Vedder, but my inner Janis sounds much better than my inner Eddie.
2. Spray paint was inspired by the devil himself; I'm quite sure of it.
3. Spray paint will eat styrofoam.
4. Spray painting in 100 degree heat results in the paint cracking into webs as soon as it hits the surface.
5. One can buy spray paint freely at Walmart but not at Hobby Lobby. Do the kids doing whatever illegal activities they are doing with spray paint really consider going to the HobLob on a Friday night to load up instead of Wally World?
6. Textured spray paint will roll off of a non-wood surface.
7. When the husband says, "Why don't you just buy the frames you want instead of spraying something to create the ones you want?" I quietly think to myself that he might just be right, but then again, Pinterest might be out of followers if we think like that right?
8. My husband loves Hamburger Helper. A lot. And after 9 years I didn't realize it was so much or I would have made him some more often. And to think, he still keeps me around!
9. I am fully capable of walking in Michaels and walking out with the one item I went in to grab and nothing more.
10. There are more patriotic projects/crafts I want to do than can ever fit in our house. Look out, friends and family; these might be your Christmas presents!
11. I'm terrible at preparing for play dates/activities that involve packing a lunch. I do it last minute with an excited toddler halfway up my leg and I leave the biggest mess to tackle at nap time.
12. And although a little someone turns 2 on Saturday and is looking so much like a little boy, his face still looks like this when he sleeps: