Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bullets -- Toddler Mardi Gras and Support Our Troops Valentines


Today's Thursday (You know that, of course), and all I've got is bullets:


* You can find a full post with some of my favorite NOLA girls here where I talk about our Mardi Gras endeavors while here in Texas. I can't wait for this year's play date!

* People keep reminding me how close this baby really is, so yep, we have big weekend plans to get the nursery a little closer to ready. And I also have "nursing bra" tabs open on my computer. Just a day in the life....

* Last night was my worst need-to-have-it-now type of pregnancy craving. I wanted some extravagant dessert like a piece of chocolatey cheesecake or decadent brownie or hot cookie in a mini skillet with ice cream on top and I wanted it all to myself. I settled for a less than spectacular milkshake as we ran out of ice cream and didn't have enough for the consistency to be much thicker than chocolate milk. I think I'm a good wife for this; I'm not going to lie. You're welcome, honey, for not sending you out! (You'd do it though if I asked because you're wonderful.) Enough, I know, get a room, right?

* I think not finding out the gender is a lot of fun, but right now I would really like to know. I guess it's part of the nesting and preparing, but it would be so helpful at this point!

* Santa brought Lightroom. I have no idea what I'm doing but want to be good at taking and editing pictures. Like yesterday.

* I should be napping or working out or doing something a bit more productive like glueing toddler handprints together for our group Valentine card to send with our care packages for Hugs for Soldiers. If you are looking for a service project to do with your kids, this one is great! Deadline is January 31, so get some cards, chocolate, and hand warmers together and support our troops! 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Nursing TANKS are amazing. I didn't jump on the bandwagon until Noah was...well, old, but I love them!

Elizabeth said...

I was so excited to see your name on our calendar for a guest post. :)

Can't wait to see your plans for the nursery!

One of my goals is to learn my camera and eventually some editing software like Lightroom.