1. It's been a good morning when your living room looks like this:
Furniture moved out of the way, homemade helipads, and helicopters grouped according to a little pilot's specifications.
3. Your Pinterest search history has included "Helicopter DIY" and "helicopter crafts," leading you to locate in your home a pencil (that you had to break and shave down) and a straight pin to create this magic.
Those top propellers really spin. We are hardcore around here.
4. Your son builds this by himself and tells you it's a VTOL, and you know exactly what that means and why his design is perfect.
5. Letters are fun to trace and write, but drawing different kinds of helicopters is second nature to your child.
6. You know the difference between the sounds of a helicopter and those of the planes headed for the local airport, and you aren't afraid to use this knowledge. At least 5 times a week you hear the helicopters during waking hours, give your son a big grin, and yell, "Go! Go!" as you hustle outside to catch a view of a chopper flying by.
7. Your little guy just might own every Matchbox helicopter the local HEB has carried and still check the toy aisle every week just in case. No judgements. For this smile and a stress-free grocery trip, it's worth it. He's like a proud papa, and you better believe each one has a name and a place in his heart.
8. In a neighborhood full of girls and therefore driveways loaded with rainbows, flowers, and hopscotch boards, your child shares his love for all things aviation in our driveway and beyond.
Here's to you kid!
May you take off and land ever so smoothly in all aspects of life.
May you slow down to a hover when times call for a more careful view.
And may your heart always soar to great heights.