Friday, January 3, 2014

In the 9th Month of Babyhood, My Boy Gave to Me...

A Glimpse into His Personality!



Ok, so we've been listening to one too many Christmas carols around here. You turned 9 months at the end of November, and after a quick trip to LA to celebrate with our family, it's been full-on Advent mode around here, complete with much colder temperatures and Christmas crafting.  I've had to do laundry more often as you and your brother just don't have that many flannel jammies!

It's been pretty dreary and without much natural light coming inside. I wish I had tried to take these pictures again, but somehow you managed to destroy the sticker again.

You've been pulling up and just starting to cruise along furniture, and your favorite spot is surely the train table. This keeps W and I on our toes, and we can no longer hide dangerous toys up there, and of course, his toys are much more exciting than yours. You are a curious little fellow and want to get into everything. I have caught you more than once on a shelf trying to see where it might lead.

You "sing" in the car, and The Muppets' "Twelve Days of Christmas" seems to be a hit. In fact, I've calmed you down with melody on a few night wakings.


You've mastered "so big!" and W thinks it's so cool that you've got a trick now. You show off mostly in the high chair where your favorite baby foods are green beans and bananas. You also seem to like the meats, big boy. You aren't quite a fan of table food just yet but are enjoying sampling the various puffs out there.

When I try to teach you baby sign language, you look at me like I'm nuts. On the other hand, you are also a master of turning off the light in your room when we walk out.

Keep smiling and shining, sweet John Man!









4 comments:

Danielle said...

He's such a big boy already! 9 months really seems to be a big time for their personalities to start shining!

Natalie said...

I can't believe he's 9 months! Such a big boy!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh!!! Seriously, how the heck is he already 9 months old!!! He is so freaking cute!!

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

Love the chubby cheeks! I have a thing for chubby cheeked babies! Just think next year at Christmas you'll have three!