Friday, July 18, 2014

Handful of Sweet and A Heart Full of Love

It's no secret that preschoolers feel things in a bit way. The good news is that this applies to their compassion as well. 


We've instituted TAKOS Tuesday over here, and after finding a Ninja Turtle tattoo in a particular brand, bought it again in hopes to get another character. W hopped around with excitement as I prepared dinner and grabbed his little piece of happiness. Indeed, it was Donatello. Hooray!

I took it out of the packaging, grabbed a towel, and we counted to thirty together as I pressed it on his forearm.

Turns out, I didn't take that plastic strip off the back. Donatello was plastered firmly on it instead of my sweet boy's arm. We didn't have back-up.

After I promised we would grab another one next time at the store and applied a Cars tattoo we had lying around, I apologized again and told him I felt really bad.

W looked at me straight in the eye and said, "Do you need a hug?"

Yes. Why yes I did.  I hope he always knows that such small tokens of kindness go so far.

(Photo courtesy of Momma's Gonna Snap Photography)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh jenn! what a sweet boy! great job momma for raising the biggest brother with the biggest heart! and high-five on ninja turtles! yay!