Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesdays at The Table -- "Chicken and Corn Patties"

Linking up with Cole this week to share this recipe, but before I do, I MUST tell you:


A. I love Pinterest! It's where I found this recipe (and a ton of ideas for The Sheriff's 1st as well). 
B. And thanks for Pinterest, I found Food 4 Tots! Thank you recipe ideas galore! 
C. It's my new favorite snack. I know; it's supposed to be for a meal.
D. I'm expanding the original "baby food" category to include foods adults and toddlers can enjoy. It's hard finding the right foods for their little palettes, but I'll give it my best shot.


You can find the original recipe here, but I'll post as I added changes. 


CHICKEN AND CORN PATTIES



Ingredients:
1 cup chicken breast – minced (uncooked)
1/3 large fresh corn-on-the-cob
10 strings of fine French beans – finely diced (I used frozen ones and minced)
1/2 red onion – minced
½ cup normal breadcrumb/ panko crumb (Japanese breadcrumb)
2 ½ tbsp cornmeal
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
2 tsp cooking oil (I used olive oil)

Seasoning:
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp sugar
¼ tsp paprika (optional)
Dash of pepper



Methods:
  1. Put chicken breast, sweet corn, beans and red onion into a mixing bowl and combine well. Add in breadcrumbs and cornmeal to the mixture.
  2. Add in egg, seasoning and oil. Stir in one direction until the batter is well distributed.
  3. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Drop1 tablespoonful of batter into the pan and flatten slightly with a spatula/ fork. Lower heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cook the patties in batches. (Be sure not to make patties too large as they will not cook through) 
  4. Transfer patties to a serving plate lined with paper towels. Best to serve warm with dipping sauce.







Photobucket

Oh wait, there's more!

Look at those pursed lips! Love it! 

And...cue baby success! 

1 comment:

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

Looks like a good lunch recipe for bigger kids, too! Can't wait to check out the link for Food 4 Tots since I have 5 kiddoes to cook for.