Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Recipe A Day

For seven days.

That's what you are getting. I'm in a blogging rut; I have a crap-ton of pictures of food; I think these are worth it!

So without anything further, let's begin.

Day 1: Crock Pot Italian Chicken found here.
 I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it, but the recipe is super easy for a weeknight meal over some brown rice. (Next time I'll be sure to add the optional onions and peppers and possibly even some red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit. You know us Cajuns!)



Pardon my picture. It's not the best, but Cowboy is NOT a fan of recipe blog posts without one, so that's for you dear!

INGREDIENTS:


2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Water
Shake of Pepper
2 Tbsp.  Italian Dressing Mix (Dry Mix found in dressing aisle)
2 Tbsp. Mozzarella Cheese
Optional:  Onions and Peppers



DIRECTIONS:


1.  Place chicken breasts in crock pot and put water, pepper, and Italian Dressing mix on top.  (Optional: Add onions and peppers and throw some garlic in there too while you are at it.)
 2.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Ten minutes before serving, sprinkle with cheese, and place lid back on crock pot.
3. Serve over rice. 


ENJOY and come back tomorrow for another tasty treat! 

2 comments:

Meg O. said...

Yum! Looks great! I love crock pot recipes.... they make life so much easier!

Lindsey said...

I am so going to make this. Crockpot chicken, here we go!