I have no idea where the time went; well, yes, I suppose I do. There were those little weeks we call the Christmas season. I knew that the days would fly as we created some of our own family traditions and went back home to share old ones as well.
In the midst of all of the holiday cheer, we had a follow up ultrasound at 28 weeks, and this big brother was all smiles with the thought that "we can see baby on the tv."
He wasn't totally interested once the process started because:
1. He had an iPhone to play with. Currently, little sibling < Hiro of the Rails. I'm ok with this for now.
2. The "baby on tv" in the ultrasound room doesn't look so much like a baby. Plus there's the checking of bones and organs, things not quite recognizable to toddler eyes.
He was well behaved; we saw our sweet little one; all was confirmed ok.
And to make the world even a bit brighter that day, The Sheriff snagged another viewing of his favorite rescue copter. It's not a trip to the hospital (or my doctor's office for that matter) without our "drive by" viewing.
Which brings us to today (ok, 2 weekends ago):
Here's the little person inside in all of his/her 30 week glory. I'm currently about 32 weeks, and let's just jump right in bullet style to what's going on:
* I don't have any real cravings. In fact, I mostly want to eat all of the time but good things that won't make me feel gross and overstuffed. Momma's loving fruit these days.
* I did make an atypical jelly bean purchase in the checkout line at Marshall's the other day and have been snacking on them since.
* Big brother is finally interested in the baby's coming book a friend sent a while back. I've got a few on hold at the library and will also be borrowing a few others from friends. We've got a countdown that goes something like 1. Momma's Birthday 2. Mardi Gras 3. Valentine's Day 4. Baby!
* I'm finding myself ready to nap again a few afternoons a week and unfortunately for J, also a pitifully sleepy buddy after W goes to bed.
* At the same time there is so much I want to get done during the day. I'm so ready to get the nursery together!
* Many days I look at The Sheriff and feel so grateful that we are blessed to be having another one.
* Other days I think about what went into our day/night and fear for my sanity because the jobs will double!
* I must be "nesting" which I don't quite remember so much of with W but I want to get everything done. Like now! The baby's coming right!!!