Monday, January 14, 2013

Toddler Vehicle Play -- Hey, That's Pin-tastic!

While I haven't been too adventurous in the crafty or culinary departments lately, we haven't completely ignored our Pin-tastic finds. Love Pinterest or hate it, there really are so fun, creative, and easily executed play ideas perfect for the rainy days that have kept us stuck inside. I didn't even have to look them up but simply recalled pinning them at some point. 





And when my favorite glove loving buddy saw the new cleaning gloves left on the counter from my grocery trip, I couldn't help but indulge and allow him to break them in to try this pin:

Source: Uploaded by user via Jennifer on Pinterest

We didn't totally embrace this pin and stuck with a bit of soapy water instead of shaving cream, but seeing this pin again inspires me to try it next time as a "new" activity. 

Step 1: Bring water safe vehicles to the designated washing area. 


Step 2: (Donning gloves of course) drop vehicles one a time into soapy water.


Step 3: Use the free, unopened, and therefore not my go-to toothbrush, to scrub each one.


Step 4: Pose for an obligatory "cheese" for Mom.



Cheers to you, Pinterest, and keeping us happy on rainy days! Thanks for a fun link-up AP!


i love you more than carrots

11 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

so stinking cute! and such a BOY thing!

Natalie said...

Awww right up W's alley!

Meg O. said...

Who knew scrubbing cars could be so much fun?! He's adorable.

Danielle said...

Those are such good ideas! I may have to mentally pin those!

Anonymous said...

Love this!! My son is starting to get more and more interested in moving his small cars around, I can't wait to do this for him!

Jennifer said...

I've over here visiting from AP's blog.

I have a 2.5 year old son and this is perfect for him! He loves cars and this would be easy to do. Check out my Pin-tastic post about toddlers and colors. www.thefourjs.com

Elizabeth said...

How cute!! I love that he's washing his cars!!

Lea said...

Great idea! The shaving cream kind of scares me. All I can think is it will be a big mess and end up in my little guys mouth.

Andie said...

Ilove the car wash idea because I'm all about cleaning up toys! :)

how cute!

hi. Im Faith. said...

so i do agree about one thing, pinterest def has a plethora of kid friendly activities (it can get overwhelming as most things if taken in at large doses) but real great ideas. love the car wash idea. and they do get busy when there's water involved! ps i just can't limit my comments to under 10 words or something.

Erin said...

Can I just say, you rock this whole boy mama thing. Well, really this mama thing in general!! Just caught up on a handful of your posts and thought I'd stop in and say hey!! I cannot believe how close #2's arrival is getting. Hope the nesting is going well :)